- Hostel Rules
- Hostel Facilities
- Hostel Accommodation
- Hostel Activities & Renting Options
- Location / Reach the Hostel
- Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Booking General
- Surf Lessons Setup / General
- Surf Lessons Booking
- Work with us!
- Parent or tutor supervision is required if you are a minor (under 18 yo) to stay at the hostel.
- Minors (under 18 yo), need to stay in the private rooms (except for minors that are part of a supervised school groups who can also stay in the dorms).
No, unfortunately we cannot accept your furry friend at the hostel.
You are allowed to smoke outside in the common areas. You cannot smoke inside the facilities/buildings.
Yes, please let us know about any mental or physical issue, allergy or disability when you confirm your booking or during your check-in. This will help us plan your stay in the best conditions.
Yes, high-speed WIFI is available for free everywhere in the hostel so you can watch your favorite show or work remotely!
Yes of course, you have access to the fully equipped common kitchen.
- Yes, we provide lockers specifically designed to accommodate your boards (up to 9’6 feet long) for free! Just ask a key at the reception when you check-in!
- We have as well bike racks to park your bike, you will need your own lock to secure it.
There are a few free street parkings available in the area, very close to the hostel.
The pool is open during day time but it is closed at night.
YES, and for FREE! During this time, your luggage will be in a safe room and you’ll be able to use the hostel’s facilities or visit the area.
NOT AVAILABLE DURING COVID
We serve breakfast only from 8:30 am until 10:30 am at the bar area. For specific diets (vegetarian, vegan…) or allergies, please let us know in advance.
We have different types of accommodation:
- Dorms: with 6, 8, and 12 beds
- 8 Private rooms: 6 Twin rooms (simple beds) for 2 people and 2 Twin rooms for up to 3 people (with an extra sofa-bed)
- 2 Sagres Relax Studios: 1 Studio for 2 people and 1 Studio for up to 3 people.
- The bed linen are provided for everyone (pillow, sheets, blanket).
- Towels are provided in the private rooms, the studios and when you book a sport package (even in a dorm). However, the towels are not provided when you book a bed in a dorm but you can rent them as an option.
Your stay at Sagres Sun Stay can be full of occupations! Between our free facilities, our surf courses and bike/surf rental options, you won’t see time go by! Plus, there are many others activities you can do in the area: yoga, hiking, diving, bird watching, … Check our article about all the amazing activities in Sagres’ area.
No, everyone can rent our bike and surf equipment.
Yes, with our partner SW Transfer. Contact us in advance, so that we can organise the shuttle according to your flight. Prices on request only.
- From Lisbon’s airport: take the metro’s red line and get out at São Sebastião’s station. Go to the blue line (direction Reboleira) and get out at Jardim Zoológico’s station. Walk to the Central Bus Station and get the bus to Sagres. You can check the timetable at Rede Expresso’s website.
- From Faro’s airport: take the bus 14 or 16 to Faro Bus Terminal. From here, take the bus to Lagos Bus Terminal and then the bus to Sagres. There is a bus stop close to the hostel and you can check the timetable for buses from Lagos to Sagres at Eva’s website.
Lagos Bus Terminal, 31 kms from Sagres.
Faro’s airport, 100 kms from Sagres
Lisbon’s airport: 325 kms from Sagres
- The hostel is at 20 mins walk (10 mins by bike) from Mareta Beach and Tonel Beach.
- The studios (Sagres Relax Studios) are at 7 mins walk from Tonel Beach, and 12 mins walk from Mareta Beach.
We accept debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, among others), cash, or Bank Transfer. We don’t accept American Express and checks.
Let us know as soon as possible if you want to change the dates of your stay, or your package and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
- We refund 100% of the total amount of your stay, when the cancellation is made up to 7 days before your arrival date
- We refund 50% of the total amount of your stay, when the cancellation is made within 7 days before your arrival date.
- We do not refund in case of a “no-show”
- Check-in: Between 4pm and 9pm. You can request a late check-in if you book on our website.
- Check-out: until 11am. We do not accept late check-out.
Yes we are flexible, you can start your sport package any day of the week.
Description of the different levels (beginner, intermediate, advancer) + we provide lessons for beginners and intermediate only.
- To attend our surf lessons, the minimum age is 8 years old. Between 8 and 10 y.o., the child needs the supervision of a parent or a tutor. There is no maximum age to be a surf student. (We already had a XX years old!)
- We don’t have groups exclusively for children, but we always try to put them together.
- Location: our van will pick you up at the hostel and the instructor will choose the best surf spot of the day, depending on the weather and tides.
- Timing: the timing of our classes can vary every day, depending on the weather, the tides and the number of people attending but you’ll always have a lesson in the morning and one in the afternoon.
The surfing lessons are in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- In our surf lesson, we provide all the equipment needed. The insurance is also included, as well as the transportation to the spot of the day.
- If you prefer to use your own equipment, that’s ok! You’re more than welcome to use your own wetsuit and surfboard during the surf lesson however we are not responsible for any damage caused to your equipment.
No you cannot however we offer rentals of surf equipment if you want to practise on your own. Please ask the reception for surf rentals.
Don’t forget to bring a snack, a bottle of water, a towel, sunscreen, your swimsuit and your best self for the experience ?
Yes we offer surf classes every day of the week (depending on the weather conditions).
- We recommend you to book in advance (up to the day before, if possible).
- You can book a lesson online, at the reception, or by whatsapp (call us ?)
Yes! You can book a lesson online here.
No, we also rent our equipment to outside guests.